Thursday, February 4, 2010

The first of many

Wow! I've begun again!
I used to blog a long time ago! Brings back a lot of good memories... I blogged before I met my husband... and he "stalked" me on Xanga before he met ME! I remember him telling me the only reason he was ever on it was because of me... Makes me smile!! I love going back and reading all the little comments we used to leave each other.. And the post he made about us becoming an official couple! I simply adore those little things that make up the beginning of a new life with someone. :)
So now we're married! I believe marriage is the culmination of a dream! About six months into our relationship I knew I wanted to marry him and it was about two years later that we said "I do". That really was and IS my dream. And it's so wonderful to live it! I don't want to be years down the road and fall out of love, that truly terrifies me. The statistics for divorce are so high that it makes you think twice about being married. And the way the media portrays marriage, especially for guys, a drudgery, an ending of fun.. It makes me sad. Marriage is wonderful, a chance to be with the one you love for the rest of your life! The chance to give of yourself, to make yourself a better person. To work on your patience and serving. But it's more than just work, it's the chance to wake up in the arms of the man who stole your heart!! I adore that! Marriage IS work, and we're only 8 months into it! But I plan on working daily to ensure that the spark stays, that he continues to steal my heart in all the little things he subconsciously and knowingly does for me! You have stolen my heart.... Love that song..
Wow... so now that my whole post is on love... lol! Blogging really brings out another side of me, I feel like I can express myself a little better..
Well, I'm off! Gotta get the bod in shape for summer! My sis and law are running a 10k with some friends and only have 3 months to train for it! We are strong tho.. No problem..

3 comments:

  1. Wow the 10K is officially out there now, no turning back. Good thing I ran this morning. Glad to see you ladies are blogging. We'll stalk you and see how it goes!

    Megan - on behalf of Klein Fitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your post Beth (esp the Xanga part)...and am so glad you married Chris!

    ReplyDelete