Thursday, January 6, 2011

DOOOONE!!!

Holy Cow..
DONE!
I am officially DONE with school!! I finished my extern on the 4th and man.. what a weird feeling to really have nothing to do and no where to go! Hopefully not for long tho, on the job hunt I go!
In great news.. We are going to Colorado in a little over a week!! I can't believe it!! It's finally here! Almost a year since I've seen everyone and Chris hasn't been there since we left! Oh my gosh, can you tell I'm excited?? We've got a packed week and I can't wait to see everyone!
Once I get back it's on to the job hunt! I wasn't hired at my extern site, despite the fact they really wanted to.. :( They just don't have any open positions and no funding to make one.. (they are a non-profit, medicaid only office funded by grants and fundraisers, hence.. no extra funds for another assistant) I am a little sad about that, having become familiar with the office and the people and the dentists. Needless to say I'm a little nervous about looking for another position. I've decided dentists are truly some of the most picky, finicky people. They all do things differently and it takes time to really get to know how each individual does it! I'm also nervous to get out there and really be on my own. I hope I'm able to have a week or so of training before they give me my own "column" of patients. Either way, I'm going to try and not stress about it and know that God is in control over all and has something out there for me and I just need to "suck it up buttercup" as Ms. Lisa would say, lol!!
Our Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful! Aside from not having any time with my folks to celebrate the holidays, it was perfect! We partied at the Christensens for a few days over Christmas and it was a blast! Mom C. always plans the best little games for us. It's such a good time! Chris loved all the presents I got him, hurray! Aside from some drama with an online order everything was awesome. Soo much better than last year when all I got him either didn't fit or they shipped the wrong thing to me, etc. So yeah, awesome Christmas! Had some friends down for New Years and that was fun, stayed up far too late and I'm still kind of recovering from all those late nights.. Does that make me old??? Gah!
Super excited for Colorado!!! Only one more week!
Love,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment